On this website you find relevant information about the work of the EUPAN-Network. EUPAN is an informal network of the Directors General responsible for public administration in the Member States of the European Union and the European Commission. Read more
In this section you can find the topics dealt with by the recent presidencies.
EUPAN Strategy Paper
Recently published: EUPAN strategy paper 2022-2025
CAF 2020 – 20 years of excellence in public administration.
Read more here.
Publications by the Swedish Presidency
The first issue of the EUPAN eNews about threats and violence against civil servants. Take part of the issue here.
The Swedish Presidency’s study on good administration in European countries. Read the report here.
EUPAN WL meeting, Stockholm 27 and 28 March
As part of the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the Swedish Agency for Public Administration and the Swedish Agency for Government Employers brought together the working group of the European Public Administration network (EUPAN). The meeting took place in Stockholm on 27 and 28 March.
The meeting focused on some of the previously announced priorities for the Swedish EUPAN Presidency:
- Good administration in European countries: The Swedish Agency for Public Administration presented its study that was conducted within the EUPAN. On this topic, representatives from the academia participated and workshops were held on principles of good administration in a national context and tools to promote a good administration in public administrations.
- Threats, harassments and violence against civil servants in public administration was addressed in a EUPAN questionnaire and discussions were continued in smaller groups.
- Additional workshops focused on rule of law in digitalisation and artificial Intelligence and service and accessibility at the Swedish National Government Service Centre.
See the full agenda here.
Read the report: Good Administration in European countries
The Swedish EUPAN Presidency 2023
We are pleased to welcome you to the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It is the third time we assume this responsibility.
First, we would like to thank our Czech colleagues. We appreciate the hard work you have done, to the benefit of EUPAN and its members. We are also grateful for the good cooperation we have had within the secretariat, which we hope to build on during our presidency.
In the spring of 2023, we will focus on four main themes:
- Threats and violence against public servants
- A good administrative culture
- Work against corruption
- Governance of cross-sectoral issues.
We will address the themes in several ways, including a dedicated study, invited speakers and parallel workshops. As the strength of EUPAN lies in its role to facilitate exchange of practices, experiences and views in areas of common interest, we invite you to consider if there are experiences you would be willing to share on one or several of the themes. It is our strong conviction that the EUPAN is at its best when there are interactive discussions. We will therefore strive to organize meetings where we encourage sharing of experiences.
The Swedish presidency of EUPAN is jointly organized by the Swedish Agency for Public Management and the Swedish Agency for Government Employers. Two e-mail addresses will thus be used during the presidency: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not hesitate to contact any of us for additional information or queries.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sweden and to continue our fruitful cooperation in EUPAN.